The Summer 19 Forecast Looks HotPosted: March 18, 2019 Filed under: Lightning, Uncategorized | Tags: admin, Lightning, roadmap, summer Leave a comment
Winter has been especially cold, harsh and long in the Central US where I live. The meteorologists can’t seem to provide forecasts that I like so I decided instead to focus on the Summer forecast of Salesforce new features.
I took at look at the Salesforce Lightning roadmap that Salesforce provides and reduced the pages and pages of features down to just the features planned for Summer 2019.
While there are several Reports and Knowledge enhancements on the Summer 19 Roadmap. I think the hottest Summer 19 feature will be the Related List Preview showing up to 10 columns and the ability to Filter Related Lists. Just think how useful and efficient that will be to end users to see key information at a glance AND interact with it without having to drill-down to another page.
One of my favorite features of Summer 19 will definitely help automate and save your end-user time and mistakes, but sadly will probably be underutilized. I am referring to Macros with Conditional Steps. If you have not already I strongly encourage you to build Macros for your Salesforce end users. With macros, repetitive tasks–such as sending an email and updating a case status–can be reduced from multiple clicks to one. Macros work great today already and the addition of conditional steps will make it an even more powerful tool.
I can’t wait for these and the other hot new Summer 19 features to be released to Sandboxes about mid-May and in Production around mid-June. Hopefully summer will be here before we know it.
Here are all 18 features listed on the Lightning Roadmap as of March 2019:
- Dashboards: Scheduled refresh (without email)
- Reports: Historical trending in tabular format (create, edit)
- Reports: Joined reports
- Reports: Notifications
- Branding and Theming: Per Lightning app
- Related Lists: Show up to 10 columns on preview
- Related Lists: User filters on related lists
- Console Chrome extension
- Utility Bar: Right-align buttons
- Accounts: Account Partners related list
- Opportunities: Opportunity partners
- Lightning Knowledge: Detach related files
- Lightning Knowledge: Inline edit
- Lightning Knowledge: Knowledge Component Action — Insert URL to Case Publisher
- Lightning Knowledge: Knowledge Component available for all objects (search only)
- Lightning Knowledge: Mass actions (delete, submit for translation)
- Macros: Conditional steps
- Social Customer Service: Mass approvals and recall