CRM is so 2010—Say Hello to CXMPosted: April 30, 2021 Filed under: SFDC Admin 101 | Tags: Connections, Digital Marketing, Events, Marketing, Marketing Cloud Leave a comment
CXM? Thanks to the X Games, most people think of X as Extreme when in reality the X in CXM stands for Experience. But in many ways CXM is taking CRM to the extreme.
Here are 5 key ways CXM differs from CRM:
- CRM is internal focused with the goal of process improvements and cost efficiencies. CXM is focused on the customer and their needs. The best organizations ask their customers what they want.
- CRM is talking. CXM is listening. With CRM, organizations measured the number of ad impressions a person had but with CXM great marketers want to measure what the consumer is saying.
- CRM is often transactional based. CXM focuses on the customer over their entire life cycle. The best marketers know that customer retention is key to long-term success.
- CRM is linear communication. CXM is social. The old way of sending out one-way marketing messages is dead. Today customer’s want to interact with organizations in all channels.
- CRM is consistent. CXM is dynamic—each customer gets a different experience; one tailored just for them . CXM is proactive and anticipates customers’ needs.
Bottom line, CXM is a complete mind-shift for most organizations that requires them to rethink the fundamental way they interact with their customers. Those that successfully make the transition will be their market leaders.
Ready to learn more about dynamic marketing from leading visionaries? Register now for Salesforce Connections on June 2, 2021 at 9 am PT.